BLUFOur perception of how human-like a machine has to a certain extent, been shaped by movies and TV—19 experts claim we are a very long way from building a conscious machine like the 'Terminator'.
- AI don’t have emotions.
- AIs have human emotions, an ego and a conscience.
- Computers are sentient.
- Because a system can learn, means it will learn to be dangerous.
- Super-smart computers will become omniscient.
- Intelligent systems want to overthrow humans.
- Machines we build cannot be more intelligent than we are.
- We have no control and are ready to manufacture machines with human-level intelligence.
- The development of AI is fast.
- When AI is possible, it has to be somehow magical.
- It is comparatively easy to give machines the skills of perception and mobility.
- AI is going to take all our jobs.
Russell concurs with these findings and adds that no one in the main field of AI is even working on a conscious machine until they do; we do not need to worry.