Australia's cybersecurity coordinator warns against ransom payments, highlighting the risk of making Australia a cybercrime target and the emerging challenges posed by artificial intelligence.
- Darren Goldie AM CSC National Security Coordinator (homeaffairs.gov.au).
- Government developing 2023-30 Cyber Security Strategy.
- Government plans to rewrite cyber laws for intervention.
- Customer data may be defined as critical infrastructure.
- Cybersecurity threat has worsened, frequency of attacks increased.