'What Is Cognitive Bias?
A cognitive bias is a systematic error in thinking that occurs when people are processing and interpreting information in the world around them and affects the decisions and judgments that they make.
Everyone exhibits cognitive bias. It might be easier to spot in others, but it is important to know that it is something that also affects your thinking. Some signs that you might be influenced by some type of cognitive bias include:
- Only paying attention to news stories that confirm your opinions
- Blaming outside factors when things don't go your way
- Attributing other people's success to luck, but taking personal credit for your own accomplishments
- Assuming that everyone else shares your opinions or beliefs
- Learning a little about a topic and then assuming you know all there is to know about it
Citation: How Cognitive Biases Influence How You Think and Act https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-a-cognitive-bias-2794963 Website title Verywell Mind Date accessed August 24, 2022 Date published July 19, 2020 '