BLUFThis article by two senior RAAF Warrant Officers—Ken Robertson and Tina Hill—puts forward a fascinating argument about the future role(s) of contemporary Warrant Officers.
Ken Robertson and Tina Hill, in this article, do the following:
- Describe how the rank of Warrant Officer evolved.
- Argue that more consideration needs to be given to the potential social influence of the Warrant Officer on the wider workforce.
- That the use of social influence as a component of modern warfare means the role of the Warrant Officer in the social sphere becomes increasingly important see:
- Describe the most critical role of the modern Warrant Officer as 'the voice of the enlisted'.
- Provide a thought-provoking discussion regarding how the role of the modern Warrant Office is evolving into that of a 'generalist culture practitioner'.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- CRITICAL THINKING 01: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- LEADERSHIP STYLES 01: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- FEB 2021 Owning Our Expertise: Influencing, Networking Essential to Warrant Officer Success | Article | The United States Army
- NOV 2021 NATO Review - Hybrid Warfare – New Threats, Complexity, and ‘Trust’ as the Antidote
- JAN 2022 NATO Paper…Social Media Manipulation 2021/2022: Assessing the Ability of Social Media Companies to Combat Platform Manipulation
- Article Source: The Forge
- Media Check: About the Forge
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)