BLUFRussian President Vladimir Putin is fast losing the ground war in Ukraine—now, Putin has turned to a terror-bombing campaign against Ukraine’s civilian population.
This article by James Stavridis, a retired US four-star naval officer, writing for the West Virginia News, makes the following points:
- These missile attacks on civilians will accomplish very little tactically.
- These attacks will further heighten the anger and resolve of the Ukrainian people.
- Russia’s attacks on civilians will likely cause US and European supporters to accelerate arms deliveries.
- New weapons could include some previously held back to avoid excavating the conflict.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- OCT 2022 3 ways of looking at Putin’s barbaric escalation against Ukrainian civilians—Vox
- OCT 2022 Russian commander admits situation is 'tense' for his forces in Ukraine—Reuters