Document updated 220322
LINKS TO PA INFO DOCS:
- PA-01 INFO: GUIDELINES FOR CREATING RUNWAY LINK ARTICLES | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- PA-02 INFO: GUIDELINES FOR FINDING ARTICLES FROM REPUTABLE WEB SOURCES | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- PA-03 INFO: GUIDE TO CREATING LINK ARTICLES ON THE NEW UPDATED RUNWAY. | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- PA-04 WEB SOURCES: RUNWAY POSTS | The Runway (govcms.gov.au)
- PA-05 LINKS TO AUSTRALIAN MILITARY HISTORY SOURCES | The Runway (govcms.gov.au)
- PA-06 LINKS TO PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION (PME) WEB PAGES | The Runway (govcms.gov.au)
- PA-07 LINKS TO ARTICLES ABOUT HOW TO FACT CHECK WEB-SOURCES | The Runway (govcms.gov.au)
- PA-08 LINKS TO ARTICLES ABOUT WINDOWS 11 | The Runway (govcms.gov.au)
- LEARNING OUTCOMES—RUNWAY | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
LEARNING OUTCOMES (RAAF RUNWAY) AS OF 06 FEB 2022
Runway Topics as of Feb 2022 are as follows:
- Business Skilling
- Communication & Cognition
- Military History
- Strategic Influences
- Technology & Innovation
Selection of Articles
- To help students meet Learning Outcomes all articles are carefully curated from reputable web sources. To ensure sources are reputable, the Runway employs a process called content curation. Kontentino is defined as follows:
- “Curated content is content from other sources that you share on your social media platforms. It is something that corresponds with your brand and you consider it a valuable piece of information for your target audience. Content curation means collecting, categorizing and sharing valuable pieces of content on a specific topic. And similarly, like the curator in a museum, you curate your own collection across social media platforms.”
When checking sources Runway editors are advised to use some of the web fact-checking resources as per the following Runway Page:
PA-02 INFO: GUIDELINES FOR FINDING ARTICLES FROM REPUTABLE WEB SOURCES AS OF SAT 05 FEB 2022 | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- All Learning Outcomes are expressed in terms of developing an awareness related to a particular topic. Runway articles have been selected in the belief that reading them might help readers develop an awareness of a topic as specified in the following Learning Outcomes.
Business Skilling...Develop an awareness of:
- Business Skilling in terms of tools, technology, innovation, trends, future development, and the skills you might need during your military career.
Communication & Cognition...Develop an awareness of:
- The need to be sceptical of any claim that does not provide sufficient scientifically based evidence to support what is being claimed.
- What makes for good and effective communication, whether verbal, written, electronic, film, podcast etc.
- The cognitive, thinking and psychological processes that underpin the way humans make decisions, develop beliefs, reach conclusions, and evaluate evidence.
- The need to develop critical thinking skills to objectively analyse and evaluate any issue to form a judgment about that issue.
Cyber...Develop an awareness of:
- Cyberwarfare. Cybersecurity, Cyberdefence, Cyberattack,
- The different forms of cyberattack.
- The different strategies that can be used to make a cyberattack less likely.
- How organisations can defend themselves from a cyberattack
Leadership...Develop an awareness of:
- How effective leadership can enhance capability.
- The different types of leadership that can be applied depending on the situation or context.
- The importance of EI/EQ in how you exercise leadership.
Military History...Develop an awareness of:
- Historical sources that might inform current strategic, operational and tactical decision making.
- How documented differences from our past including culture, values and ethics, can help us set goals and values for our present.
- Appreciate that everything we do, everything we use, everything else we study is the product of a complex set of causes, ideas, and practices.
- To develop an awareness of the historical application of airpower.
Strategic Influences...Develop an awareness of:
- Australia’s strategic environment and how nations, including our own, attempt to shape the environment to meet their needs and requirements.
Technology & Innovation...Develop an awareness of:
- Technology and innovation and how it can contribute to our economy and to military capability.
Wellbeing...Develop an awareness of:
- How individuals can improve and maintain their wellbeing in terms of health, happiness and prosperity.