BLUFCalling an IT help desk can be time-consuming for all concerned; this article discusses steps remote workers should take before phoning their help desk.
Members of Forbes Technology Council discuss tech problems and agree on these fundamental principles remote workers should follow before contacting their organisation's help desk.
- Try to solve the problem by referencing appropriate manuals and guides; see Let Me Google That For You.
- Sustained changes in the performance of your device
- Anything security related; including VPN issues, random pop-ups in Windows, phishing emails, questionable electronic communication
- Issues with collaboration software
- Changes to website performance
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Remote work and the rise of insider threats – TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
- Is remote working good or bad? Big tech companies just can't seem to decide - TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web :
- OCT 2021 10 Most Common Helpdesk Problems – Alert
- APR 2022 10 HELP DESK ANSWERS TO YOUR MOST COMMON TECH HELP NEEDS- Binghamton University
- AUG 2022 Basic computer troubleshooting – Computer Hope
Source Information Forbes
- Article Source: https://www.forbes.com/
- Media Check: Media Bias Fact Check /Forbes
- LEARNING OUTCOMES—RUNWAY | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)