BLUFThe Australian government has made funding available to acquire a further seven MQ-28A Ghost Bat autonomous uncrewed aerial vehicles.
This article by Akhil Kadidal, writing for Janes, makes the following points:
- The Ghost Bats are part of the Loyal Wingman Advanced Development Programme.
- The programme is set to receive an additional investment of AUD454 million, announced on 15 May this year.
- The funding will also fast-track the induction of the first Ghost Bats by 2024–25.
- A Defence spokesperson said the additional funding provided for a further seven MQ-28A, bringing the total number of Ghost Bats being purchased to 10.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Drones: A Collection of Runway Articles about Drones, both military and civilian. | The Runway (govcms.gov.au)
References from the web:
- MAY 2022 Defence orders seven additional Ghost Bats—Australian Defence Magazine
- JUN 2022 Ghost Bats expand un-crewed capabilities—The Australian