BLUFSpace X has launched a prototype space-based solar power (SBSP) solar energy gathering satellite—this will try to collect solar energy for eventual transfer to earth.
This article from Inverse makes the following points:
- This SBSP will test a microwave array for transferring power to earth.
- Light-weight solar panels were developed that were light enough to be launched into space.
- The project is being funded by the Donald Bren Foundation and will eventually exceed 100 million USD.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- A new fusion power station will mimic the Sun to provide limitless energy | The Runway (govcms.gov.au)
- The untapped energy source that could power the planet. | The Runway (govcms.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- JAN 2023 Caltech to Launch Space Solar Power Technology Demo into Orbit in January | www.caltech.edu
- JAN 2023 Testing the Potential of Space-Based Solar Power (azocleantech.com)
- Article Source: Inverse
- Media Check: Inverse - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC |