BLUFColin Powell Video: Keynote speech Colgate University—The role of a leader and how leaders can achieve results.
In a keynote address to Colgate University (2009), Colin Powell—former Chairman of the Chief of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and former U.S. Secretary of State—speaks about leadership and the qualities a great leader should possess. Colin Powell shares his views on how it is important not to dwell on the past but instead to look forward to new and emerging opportunities. He stresses how important it is to understand organisational goals and the importance of achieving these goals. He also highlights how having a purpose is the single most critical quality for effective leadership.
- S2009 Apr YouTube Colin Powell speaks about leadership at Colgate University
- 2009 Slide Share Colin Powell’s 18 Lessons For Leaders
- 2018 Aug Forbes What Leaders Can Learn From Colin Powell
- 2019 Jan Forbes General Colin Powell's Leadership Precepts: Entrepreneurs Should Lead, Not Manage
- 2020 Mar Management is a Journey Revisiting Colin Powell’s 13 Rules of Leadership
- 2021 Jan Colin Powell Biography & Facts Britannica
RAAF Professional Military Education PME