BLUFThis article from Vox magazine examines the Russian use of cyberwarfare.
This article notes the following:
- Russia has been conducting cyber warfare against Ukraine for years.
- President Biden says that the US can and will launch cyberattacks against Russia.
- Vox believes that the USA is probably still the most powerful country globally regarding cyberweapons.
- Recent growth in Russian attacks on western companies should have improved their cyberdefences.
- Unlikely to know the extent of US cyber capabilities until classified documents are released in fifty years.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Where Is the Confrontation Over Ukraine Headed? | The Runway (govcms.gov.au)
- What does Putin want in Ukraine? The conflict explained (26 Feb) | The Runway (govcms.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- 25 FEB 22 As Russia invades Ukraine, the cyber threats are subtle — for now: NPR
- 26 FEB 22 Russia-Ukraine invasion: Could cyber attacks on Ukraine spread? (smh.com.au)
Source: History Net
- Link to Source: Vox Magazine
- Media Check: Vox - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)
- LEARNING OUTCOMES—RUNWAY | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)