BLUFThe Australian Government is providing more resources to curtail cybercrime.
NastashaTupas explains how the Australian Government is planning to be more aggressive in countering cybercrime; Tupas notes the following:
- Andrew Hastie, Assistant Minister for Defence, says the Australian government will invest $164.9 million to address cybercrime.
- Fighting cybercrime requires protective measures and a strong culture of reporting cyber incidents at all levels.
- Ransomware is one of the most damaging types of cyberattacks.
- Australians and Australian companies must report ransomware attacks.
- Queensland's Palaszczuk government has committed $11 million over the next two years towards cybersecurity enhancements.
- Manages the reporting of cybercrime.
- Compiles information on cyberattacks.
- Provides advice and assistance to defend against cyberattacks.
- Manages Cybersecurity.
- Defends Australia's interests from malicious cyberattacks.