In the period between WW1 and 2, the Nazis used "the politics of legality" to gain absolute power. German democracy was used to destroy democracy in Germany.
- Hitler's Big Lie said that Germany hadn't been defeated in battle but was betrayed by Socialists and a worldwide conspiracy led by Jews.
- The reality was that the German WW1 1918 spring offensive was a gamble that failed.
- Germany suffered a military defeat during WW1 because its army collapsed.
- Hitler launched a failed coup but used his trial to promote the NAZI party.
- Hitler was eventually invited to become German Chancellor by politicians who felt they could control him—they were wrong.
References from the Web: