Windows 10 makes it easy to set up and use multiple virtual desktops that will help keep you organized when working on different projects.
To create a new virtual desktop.
Click ‘New Desktop’. (Top left corner of your screen.)
To switch between virtual desktops, click on them.
There are two ways to move windows between virtual desktops.
Click and hold the window you want to move and then drag and release it on an alternate desktop.
- Right-click on the window you’d like to move.
- Hover your cursor over ‘Move to’.
- Click the desktop to move the window.
- To duplicate windows across virtual desktops.
- Right-click an active window.
- Click ‘Show this window on all desktops’ to duplicate one window.
- Click ‘Show windows from this app on all desktops’ to duplicate all windows.
To remove a virtual desktop, click the ‘X’ in the top-right corner of the desktop icon.
This article also describes shortcuts for each of the above operations.