BLUFHuman error is one of the major causes of data breaches—further, it is worrying that many companies do not provide any cyber awareness training to their people.
This article by Technology Decisions makes these points about businesses/organisations conducting cybersecurity training:
- The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner reports that in 2021, human error accounted for 41% of all data breaches, second only to malicious or criminal attacks.
- The Fortinet 2022 Networking and Cybersecurity Adoption Index found that many companies did not provide training for their people.
- Organisations need to provide ongoing security awareness training to counter cyber threats.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- CYBERWAR 01: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- The weakest link in any organisation’s cybersecurity chain is employees – The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Here’s how much your personal information is worth to cybercriminals – and what they do with it – The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web :
- JUN 2022 Providing protection against human error – Encryption Consulting
- SEP 2022 The role of human error in cybersecurity: what the stats tell us – Compari Tech