BLUFRussian public support for its invasion of Ukraine appears to be “falling significantly”. A “reduced tempo” in fighting is expected to continue over winter—Putin is probably now getting more accurate situation reports.
Caroline Davies writing in the Guardian, makes the following points:
- Russia will not sell oil that is subject to a western price cap.
- OPEC+ will continue to cut production by two million barrels a day (2% of world demand).
- The United Nations has a draft resolution for a Nuremberg-style tribunal to hold Russian leaders accountable.
- More than 500 Ukrainian localities are without power.
- Ukraine is imposing sanctions on ten senior clerics linked to a pro-Russia church.