British military forces have begun training Ukrainian soldiers in a new program aimed to help ensure victory in their fight against Russia.
This article by Anna MacSwan, writing for The Guardian, makes the following points:
- Up to 10,000 Ukrainian soldiers will arrive in the UK for specialist military training lasting several weeks.
- Defence Secretary, Ben Wallace, described the programme as the next phase of Britain’s support to the Ukrainian army.
- The training will give volunteer recruits with little or no military experience the skills to be effective in frontline combat.
- The training is based on the UK’s basic soldier training course.
- Ukraine is losing up to 200 soldiers daily, meaning that training reinforcements away from the threat of Russian attacks is critical to the country’s war effort.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
Source: Guardian The