BLUFA pneumatically-powered leg brace and backpack should reduce injuries and enable aerial porters to load heavy objects into aircraft much more quickly.
Stephen Losey writing in DefenseNews, makes the following points:
- The Forge System exoskeleton is designed to augment leg strength.
- Developed by Roam Robotics
- In tests, two, instead of the usual four or five aerial porters, moved a 3,500-pound pallet.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- AUG 2022 Army, academia collaborate on exoskeleton to reduce Soldier injuries-US Army
- SEP 2022 Move over, Iron Man: The Army has a new suit to solve soldier back pain-the Washington Post