BLUFThis article argues that Russia's invasion of Ukraine has failed due to courageous and effective Ukrainian resistance, resulting in Russia suffering considerable casualties and loss of equipment.
Alexey Kovalev writing in Foreign Policy, makes the following points:
- Corruption permeates the Russian military chain of command.
- Russian social media shows fresh conscripts without food, uniforms, or other equipment.
- Recent events have shown Russia's conventional forces to be weak, poorly organised and ineffective.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- OCT 2022 Russia-Ukraine war live: ‘endemic corruption and poor logistics’
- OCT 2022 The CIA Thought Putin Would Quickly Conquer Ukraine. Why Did They Get It So Wrong? –the Intercept
- Article Source: Foreign Policy – the Global Magazine of News and Ideas
- Media Check: Foreign Policy -Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, DIRECTIONS AND LEARNING OUTCOMES | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- LINKS TO PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION (PME) WEB PAGES | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)