BLUFWar of 1812 between the US and UK fought over border disputes—resolved by the UK promising not to support Indian tribes against the USA and the USA promising not to invade Canada.
Owen Rust writing in the collector, makes the following points regarding the War of 1812:
- In 1783 US gained independence, but border issues with the UK remained.
- During the Napoleonic Wars, the UK press-ganged American sailors.
- In 1812 the United States invaded British Canada.
- US Navy defeated several British warships.
- With the defeat of Napoleon, Britain focussed on the US and invaded and destroyed the White House.
References from the Web:
- OCT 2018 War of 1812- Canadian Encyclopedia
- A Brief Overview of the War of 1812- American Battlefield Trust
Source Information: The.Collector
- Article Source: https://www.thecollector.com/
- Media Check: About us: TheCollector
- LEARNING OUTCOMES—RUNWAY | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)