Google will be expanding its range of Apps through Amazon when Windows 11 is released.
Google apps will be available to Windows' users through Amazon. The advantages to Google are:
- Amazon can block illegal Apps, so legal developers receive a fee.
- Google is moving to a new, reduced size Android App Bundle (AAB).
- The ABB will be signed, meaning it can be tracked from the Play Store, allowing developers to more easily recover fees owed.
- Showcases what's available from Amazon.
- Doesn't flood the Microsoft Store with copycat apps.
- Amazon continues to police the apps coming in from Android, saving Microsoft from having to do this.
- Increases the number of apps on the new Microsoft Store with minimal effort from Microsoft.
- Microsoft Edge extensions and the Microsoft Store allows users to discover new apps.
- Increases competition with Apple's App Store.