BLUFThe Australian government wants Australia to become a global cyber security leader; therefore, Australia is hosting a virtual meeting of the international counter-ransomware task force and working with industry and the community to counter, disrupt, combat and defend against ransomware.
Sam Varghese writing in iTWire, makes the following points:
- An initial cyber meeting has already been convened in Washington.
- The Medibank Private hack shows the need for a global cyber threat capability.
- G4S, Dialog Information Technology and Medlab Pathology have all had recent ransomware attacks.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- NOV 2022 Medibank CEO says ransom amount 'irrelevant' and paying up would only increase risk of further extortion -ABC News
- NOV 2022 Australia to lead global ransomware taskforce-InnovationAus.com