BLUFStaff at five Perth hospitals have been told not to use AI like ChatGPT due to patient records potentially being hacked. There is however the potential to develop medical-specific AI kept that is safely inside hospitals.
- AI is being trialled to help measure the risk of heart disease- within 10 minutes.
- Deaths from heart disease can impact the broader Australian economy.
- The Australian Medical Association wants regulations to ensure that a human always makes the final treatment decision.
- The Australian Government has a Digital Technology Taskforce to ensure Australia has an effective and efficient digital economy.
- Articles about AI-based ChatBots- The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- MAY 2023rtificial intelligence technologies could be classified by risk, as government consults on AI regulation - ABC News
- MAR 2023 AI regulation in healthcare: UK and EU approaches-Taylor Wessing
- MAY 2023 AI Excites Healthcare, Yet It Urgently Needs Regulations-Forbes
- MAY 2023 What’s Next For AI In Healthcare In 2023-the Medical Futurist