BLUFA style of leadership in which leaders use fear, coercion and punishment to achieve their goals.
- Fear-based leadership can have negative impacts, such as decreased employee morale and a lack of trust.
- When employees are afraid to take risks, they are less likely to develop new ideas and solutions.
- Fear-based leadership creates an uncomfortable work environment, which can lead to increased stress and burnout.
- LEADERSHIP: USEFUL ARTICLES FROM THE RUNWAY | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- LEADERSHIP STYLES—ARTICLES | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- 07 April 2022 3 ways managers can unlearn fear-based leadership (Fast Company)
- 18 October 2022 5 Signs to Immediately Recognize a Toxic Manager at Work (Inc. Australia)
- Article Source: Forbes
- Media Check: Forbes - Media Bias Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com) (HIGH CREDIBILITY)
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.