BLUFUkraine's acquisition of more tanks should make a difference; however, this article's author argues that for Ukraine to recapture and hold, territory will require many more tanks.
This article by Kris Osborn, writing for 19FortyFive, makes the following points:
- Figures suggest Ukraine has less than 2000 tanks, while Russia operates more than 12,000—six times as many.
- Based on current commitments, Ukraine will need hundreds—if not thousands—more tanks to prevail.
- For Ukraine to win, it must pivot from its defensive hit-and-run style of fighting and operate tanks in large numbers as part of a joint/combined operation.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- ARMOURED VEHICLES (TANKS) 01: COLLECTION | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
RUSSIAN-UKRAINE CONFLICT—ARTICLES | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- JAN 2023 Will Tanks Turn the Tide for Ukraine?—Foreign Policy
- MAR 2023 US to fast-track Abrams tanks for Ukraine by choosing older version—Defense News
- Article Source: https://www.19fortyfive.com/
- Media Check: 19FortyFive - Media Bias Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com) MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.