BLUFAfter two decades of counterinsurgency campaigns in Afghanistan and the Middle East, USAF Chief General CQ Brown is preparing the US Air Force for a future war against a significant potential adversary likely to possess an effective air power capability.
This article by Stephen Losey, writing for Defense News, makes the following points:
- Within weeks of becoming USAF’s 22nd chief, Brown unveiled his plan, ‘Accelerate Change or Lose’.
- Brown wants to empower airmen, shrink bureaucracy, prepare for global competition, and transition to a future force design.
- Brown says bluntly that the US won’t have the same military dominance as it did in the last war.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Air Force overhauls pre-deployment training for a new era in combat | The Runway
- US Air Force needs to embrace air denial as a core mission | The Runway
References from the Web:
- MAR 2023 Brown: Air Force Subtracting A-10 from ‘4+1’ Fighter Plan—Air & Space Forces Magazine
- MAR 2023 Air Force And Space Force On Right Vector—But Need More Resources To Meet Defense Strategy—Forbes
- Article Source: https://www.defensenews.com/
- Media Check: Defense News - Media Bias Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com) MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.