BLUFUS military aid to Ukraine has been successful because of Kyiv's leadership motivation. When Russia invaded in February 2022, Ukraine's leadership implemented a series of reforms and battlefield innovations that effectively used the aid provided by the USA.
Polina Beliakova and Rachel Tecott Metz, writing in Foreign Affairs, make the following points:
- Western weapons, ammunition, motivation, innovation and reforms have contributed to Ukrainian success against Russia.
- Ukraine is tackling corruption and prioritizing institutional military reforms.
- Russia’s 2022 invasion galvanized Ukraine’s leadership to focus on the defence of their country.
- Ukrainian civil society has dramatically enhanced its capacity by providing equipment and services to frontline forces.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- FEB 2023 How Much Aid Has the U.S. Sent Ukraine? Here Are Six Charts.- Council on Foreign Relations
- MAR 2023 US eclipses all other nations in military aid to Ukraine-Military Times
- Article Source: Foreign Affairs Magazine
- Media Check: Foreign Affairs - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com) MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC