After two years of COVID-19 trauma and disruption—effective leadership is more critical than ever.
This article by Christian Harrison, writing for The Conversation, identifies the following five points:
- Have a vision. Envisioning involves creating a picture of the future of an organisation.
- Adapt and be open to change. Good leaders develop appropriate strategies for their organisations in periods of crisis or stability alike.
- Generate new ideas. The uncertainty of a volatile business environment means that innovation and creativity will be critical in 2022.
- Solve problems creatively. Good leaders recognise the value of their teams’ input. Listening carefully to customers’ needs and concerns is also crucial.
- Inspire and motivate. Effective leaders need to understand the fears, hopes and concerns of those who work for them.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
Source: Conversation The