BLUFFusion power is rapidly becoming a reality as several large companies are moving from an experimental prototype to a commercially viable system
This article by Alex Pasternack, writing for 'Fast Company' notes the following:
- Commonwealth Fusion Systems fuses hydrogen into helium.
- General Fusion features molten metal held in place by a magnetic field.
- Magneto-Intertial Fusion Technologies heats, confines, and compresses plasma.
- Princeton Fusion Systems uses radio-frequency electromagnetic fields to generate and sustain a plasma formation.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- A new fusion power station will mimic the Sun to provide limitless energy – TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web :
- MAY 2021 What is Fusion, and Why Is It So Difficult to Achieve? – IAEA
- FEB 2022 Major breakthrough on nuclear fusion energy – BBC News
- AUG 2022 Scientists Achieved Self-Sustaining Nuclear Fusion… But Now They Can't Replicate It – Science Alert
Source Information Fast Company
- Article Source: Fast Company
- Media Check: About Us/Fast Company
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)