BLUFAugmented reality is still and new relatively unexplored technology but has huge potential to change the way people interact with products, make purchase decisions and explore social media.
Augmented reality (AR) is simply an enhanced version of the real physical world that is achieved through the use of digital visual elements, sound, or other sensory stimuli delivered via technology.
It is a growing trend among companies involved in mobile computing and business applications, but the biggest growth is with Instagram users.
AR will likely cause these changes on search engine optimization (SEO) :
- Local SEO will become more important impacting on google rankings, enabling codes (QR) scanned about a business, reviews and ratings and getting images.
- Immersive digital experiences will become more mainstream, e.g. virtual dressing rooms for online clothing.
- Visual search and interactive content will become widely used. As AR-based content becomes more popular, it will gain more space in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Social media utility will increase.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Why Windows 11 going with Amazon for its Android apps, and not Google, is a masterstroke - TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
- Google is making its biggest investment ever in Australia - TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
- The Complete Guide To Google Search Operators - TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
- Speed Up Your Google Search With This New Keyboard Shortcut - TheRunway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web :
- JUN 2020 Search is Old: Augmented Reality Search is Coming to Replace It – Augmented and Virtual Reality Magazine
- DEC 2021 Augmented Reality in Google Search: Everything You Need to Know – Toolbox
Source Information Forbes
- Article Source: Forbes
- Media Check: Media Bias/Fact Check - Forbes
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC |