BLUFCoordinator General of the National COVID Vaccine Taskforce, LTGEN John Frewen, was interviewed by ABC Breakfast Radio about the progress of the national vaccine roll-out.
Some of the questions directed at LTGEN Frewen were as follows:
- The difficulties in getting the aged-care workforce vaccinated.
- The meeting he held on 06 July with health officials from various states.
- How critical the staff shortfall to carry out the vaccinations was.
- What ideas he had to get more Australians vaccinated this year.
- Whether the demand for the AstraZeneca vaccine would remain high.
- When under-40s could expect to have access to the Pfizer vaccine.
In response, LTGEN Frewen told ABC Radio that:
- All decisions were based on the best information available.
- A decision had been made early on to prioritise older Australians.
- There were now pathways for aged-care workers to access Pfizer.
- Following a review, he saw opportunities to accelerate the roll-out.
Jun 2021 Canberra Times Officials overhaul vaccine rollout plan
Jun 2021 The Conversation Calling in the army for the vaccine rollout and every other emergency shows how ill-prepared we are
Jul 2021 Sky News Lieutenant General John Frewen's interview on Sky News on 6 July 2021
Jul 2021 The Mandarin Federal COVID-19 vaccine advertising campaign kicks off
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC |