BLUFThe National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System NASAMS is a medium to long-range air defence missile system—which should prove effective against Russian drones and missiles.
This article by Joshua Keating, writing for Grid News, makes the following points:
- NASAMS was designed and developed by the Norwegian defence and aerospace company Kongsberg.
- Ukraine is getting the same systems that guard Washington from aerial attacks.
- NASAMS have been deployed at strategic locations around the US capital since 2005.
- The US has provided two of these systems to Ukraine already, with six more on the way.
- Australia acquired the NASAMS system in June 2022.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- NOV 2022 Updates: Ukraine receives first NASAMS air defense systems—DW
- NOV 2022 Ukraine receives first delivery of NASAMS air defence systems—Reuters