BLUFDespite Germany's strong trade and energy dependence on Russia and China, it and France are showing a tangible commitment to the Indo-Pacific region.
Swasti Rao writing in 'the Print', makes the following points:
- Germany and France are participating in Australia's Exercise Pitch Black.
- Pitch Black brings together major NATO powers and partners, the Quad, the Five Eyes, and half of ASEAN.
- Putin's invasion of Ukraine has forced Germany to address its military unpreparedness.
- French participation demonstrates a significant improvement in its relationship with Australia.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- PITCH BLACK 2022: COLLECTION - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Germany ramps up Indo-Pacific engagement - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- South China Sea: why France is flexing its muscles in the contested waters - The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- AUG 2022 Exercise Pitch Black forms a crucial element to France’s Pegase 2022, a three-stage trial of the French Air and Space Force’s projection capabilities in the region.-Defence Connect
- AUG 2022 France & Germany Fighter Jets Reach Indo-Pacific Region For Pitch Black 2022 Exercise-Republic World
Source Information: ThePrint
- Article Source: https://theprint.in/
- Media Check: About:thePrint
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC |