BLUFThe new US Army headquarters in Germany will be staffed by 300 US personnel responsible for coordinating security assistance for Ukraine.
This article by John Vandiver, writing for Stars and Stripes, makes the following points:
- The Security Assistance Group Ukraine (SAGU) will be based in Germany.
- Will continue the work of the Army’s 18th Airborne Corps.
- SAGU support for Ukraine is expected to be a long-term mission.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- OCT 2022 Inside the U.S. Effort to Arm Ukraine—The New Yorker
- NOV 2022 Pentagon announces another $400 million in military aid to Ukraine, establishes headquarters in Germany to handle shipments and training—Stars and Stripes