As the Russo-Ukrainian war continues, the Australian Government has announced it will provide temporary humanitarian visas for Ukrainian citizens and an extra $50 million in military and humanitarian support for the Ukraine Government.
This article by Melissa Clarke, writing for ABC-Australia, makes the following points:
- Temporary humanitarian visas will allow Ukrainians who have already arrived in Australia to stay for up to three years.
- Australia is providing a further $30 million in humanitarian aid and $21 million in military support for Ukraine.
- A shipment of at least 70,000 tonnes of thermal coal will be donated to Ukraine to supply their coal-fired power generators.
- Conversely, Australian exports of alumina, bauxite and other aluminium ores to Russia have been banned.
- Around 20 per cent of Russia's alumina imports come from Australia.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
THE 2022 RUSSO-UKRAINE CONFLICT | The Runway (govcms.gov.au)
References from the Web: