BLUFRussia's 120 battalions in Ukraine have sustained heavy losses reducing each Battalion's strength to less than half of its original number. The critical question is whether either side can cope with the losses sustained.
This article written by Dan Sabbagh for The Guardian notes the following:
- Russia now has 120 battalions inside Ukraine, 40 around Sievierodonetsk, showing what Russia thinks is needed for them to make progress.
- Ukraine's goal is to hold up the Russians, inflict losses and reduce their morale.
- President Zelensky stated that stalemate was not an option for Ukraine but conceded that they needed large amounts of western weaponry.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- RUSSIAN-UKRAINE CONFLICT—RAAF RUNWAY COLLECTION
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.
References from the web:
- Jun 2022 The Guardian Russian assault on Sievierodonetsk redoubled after counterattack
- Jun 2022 ABC News Satellite images show scale of destruction in Ukrainian industrial city of Sievierodonetsk
- Jun2022 Aljezeera Russia-Ukraine live news: ‘Endless caravan of death’ in Mariupol
Source: The Guardian
- Link to Source: The Guardian
- Media Check: The Guardian - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)