BLUFMoscow has been dealt a major setback, losing control of Lyman in the Donetsk region. Meanwhile, Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov suggests that Russia use low-yield nuclear weapons.
This article by Tom Balmforth and Pavel Polityuk, writing for Reuters, makes the following points:
- Lyman is a key logistics hub in the eastern Donetsk region.
- Donetsk is one of four regions Putin says now belongs to Russia.
- The capture came just a day after Putin proclaimed the annexation of nearly a fifth of Ukraine, including Donetsk, where Lyman is located.
- Ukraine's successes have infuriated Putin's ally, Ramzan Kadyrov, who called on Russia to take 'more drastic measures'.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- RUSSIAN-UKRAINE CONFLICT—RAAF RUNWAY COLLECTION
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.
References from the Web:
- OCT 2022 Russia accused of 'kidnapping' head of Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant, Ukraine makes gains in Donetsk—ABC News
- OCT 2022 Putin ally pushes nukes after Lyman recoil—Canberra Times
- Article Source: Reuters
- Media Check: Reuters - Media Bias Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)