BLUFGermany, France and the USA are to begin sending armoured fighting vehicles—but not heavy tanks—to Ukraine.
This BBC article notes the following:
- The $3bn US military aid will likely include up to 50 Bradley fighting vehicles. (tank killers)
- The French will supply the AMX-10RC with anti-tank capability, but it runs on wheels, not tracks.
- Germany is supplying the Marder, which despite its age, is still capable and is a vehicle the Ukrainians can master very quickly.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- 05 JAN 2023 France to send ‘tank killer’ armoured vehicles to Ukraine | Financial Times (ft.com)
- 06 JAN 2023 U.S. to send Bradley armored vehicles to Ukraine for first time in latest military package - CBS News
- 07 JAN 2023 Germany wants to deliver around 40 Marder vehicles to Ukraine in Q1 | Reuters
- Article Source: BBC - Homepage
- Media Check: BBC - Media Bias/Fact Check
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC |