BLUFThe money will be spent, among other things, on equipment, military intelligence, direct financial support, humanitarian assistance, food security and healthcare.
Bryant Harris writing in DefenseNews, makes the following points:
- If approved, the US will have provided US$104 billion since Feb 2022.
- Previously sixty-eight Republicans voted against previous tranches of Ukraine aid.
- However, the top Republican on the Appropriations Committee says, 'If they show it’s needed, we ought to do it.'
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- Nov 2022 White House requests $37.7 billion in new Ukraine funding, $10 billion for Covid relief-CNBC
- Nov 2022 The White House is asking Congress for another $37.7 billion for Ukraine-NPR