BLUFRussia has warned the US that it will consider the US to be a party to the conflict if it supplies Ukraine with missiles that can reach deep into the Russian homeland.
This article by Reuters makes the following points:
- The US has supplied Ukraine with rockets that can hit targets up to 80 km away.
- US officials say Ukraine has promised not to use US rockets to strike Russian territory.
- HIMARS launchers can also fire longer-range missiles, which have a range of up to 300 km.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- RUSSIAN-UKRAINE CONFLICT—RAAF RUNWAY COLLECTION
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.
References from the Web:
- SEP 2022 Russia is recycling its threats as the US keeps sending Ukraine billions in military aid, warning longer-range weapons would cross a line—Insider
- SEP 2022 U.S. military leaders are reluctant to provide longer-range missiles to Ukraine—NBC News
- Article Source: Reuters
- Media Check: Reuters - Media Bias Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)