BLUFGeneral Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, thinks the war in Ukraine will end with a negotiated settlement. However, until then, the US is supporting Ukraine, and General Milley recently met with Ukraine's General Valery Zaluzhnyi to discuss Ukraine's current and future military needs.
Fatma Khaled writing in Newsweek, makes the following points:
- Ukraine estimates that around 117,000 Russian troops have been killed so far—however, this figure needs verification..
- Russia says it has lost less than 10,000, excluding Wagner mercenaries.
- Former Russian commander Igor Ivanovich Strelkov (Igor Girkin) said that Russia could "collapse into a civil war with millions of casualties, with a complete collapse and defragmentation."
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- RUSSIAN-UKRAINE CONFLICT—RAAF RUNWAY COLLECTION
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.
References from the Web:
- JAN 2023 Almost 180,000 Russians dead or wounded in Ukraine, Norwegian general says-ABC News
- JAN 2023 Russia taken 180,000 dead or wounded in Ukraine: Norwegian army-France 24
- Article Source: Newsweek - News, Analysis, Politics, Business, Technology
- Media Check: Newsweek - Media Bias/Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com)