The UK and the USA have different programs to develop a sixth-generation fighter—however, they will still share information on sixth-generation development.
The Air Force (USAF) magazine notes the following regarding sixth-generation fighter development::
- Currently, the USA does not have any international partners.
- The UK is working with Sweden and Italy.
- The UK might also involve Japan.
- The F-35 involved seven nations right from the start.
- Currently, the US is developing sixth-gen fighters alone.
- It is easy for the US to work with the UK because US and UK generally have interoperable systems—and of course, they share a common language.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web: