BLUFThe SAAB JAS 39 (Grippen) is a Mach 2 single-seat, single-engine multi-role: air-to-air, air-to-surface, and recon aircraft in service since 1996.
- JAS 39 Gripen: Sweden's advanced fighter jet.
- Designed to replace older aircraft, smaller with higher payload.
- Multi-role capabilities: air-to-air, air-to-surface, reconnaissance.
- Impressive performance in exercises like Red Flag.
- F-35 01: COLLECTION-The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- APR 2023 Brazil may buy more Swedish Gripen fighter jets, says minister-Reuters
- MAY 2023 Saab JAS 39 Gripen – a potential Western fighter aircraft for the Armed Forces of Ukraine-Mezha Media
- MAY 2023 Embraer and Saab launch joint production line for Gripen fighter jets in Brazil-AAP