BLUFOperated by the Australian army and can be quickly repositioned to avoid a counterstrike. The M777 is relatively cheap and made using titanium and aluminium—easily moved by truck, helicopter or aircraft.
Alex Hollings writing in Sandboxx News, makes the following points:
- 126 M777 Howitzers (155mm) and 226,000+ rounds supplied to Ukraine.
- Well-trained crews can break it down for transport dissemble in three minutes and assemble in three minutes.
- The M777 can be used in and over rugged terrain.
- Range- 30- 40 km.
- Ukraine uses a manual targeting system- US digital.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- M777 155mm lightweight towed howitzer | Army.gov.au
- Sep 2022 The M777 Is Deadly In Ukrainian Hands, But Even Deadlier In America’s-Sandboxx
- OCT 2022 BAE Considers Restarting M777 Production After Ukraine Exploits: Report-the Defense Post