BLUFNatWest has seen an increase in cryptocurrency-related scams, with UK consumers losing an estimated £329m from cryptocurrency scams.
This article from the BBC makes the following points:
- NatWest customers can now only transfer £1,000 a day to cryptocurrency exchanges and no more than £5,000 monthly.
- NatWest said it was trying to protect its customers.
- UK consumers have lost hundreds of millions of pounds from cryptocurrency criminals.
- Most cryptocurrency exchanges in the UK are not regulated.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- Ex-FTX boss Bankman-Fried: 'I didn't try to commit fraud' | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Inside the cryptocurrency scam: 'Frank' explains how European scammers target Australians for millions | The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web:
- FEB 2023 Crypto-mining scheme run from US school crawl space—BBC
- MAR 2023 NatWest limits customers' crypto transfers, citing scam concerns—Reuters
- Article Source: https://www.bbc.com/
- Media Check: BBC - Media Bias Fact Check (mediabiasfactcheck.com) MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
- RAAF RUNWAY: RATIONALE, GUIDELINES, LEARNING OUTCOMES, ETC.