Many employers value the ability to think critically, as it allows someone to sift through information and discriminate between what’s helpful and what’s less valuable—however, these skills need active development.
Leon Ho, Founder & CEO of Lifehack, proposes that critical thinkers exhibit these characteristics:
- Curiosity about surroundings and the world.
- Compassion and celebration of the uniqueness of everyone.
- High awareness to see the opportunities to apply these skills.
- Decisiveness by quickly weighing options and imagining the potential outcomes.
- Honesty through moral integrity and ethical consideration.
- A willingness and flexibility in continuing to learn and overcoming existing mindsets.
- Ability to introduce new and creative solutions.
- Analysis of various forms of information.
- Drawing inferences through assessing information and conclusions.
- Communicating concisely.
- Determining the relevance of information.
Learning, applying and promoting these characteristics should enhance contributions to organisational productivity and goal attainment and should also enhance the individual’s employment competitiveness and general life skills.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
COLLECTION OF ARTICLES ABOUT CRITICAL THINKING | The Runway (govcms.gov.au)
References from the Web :
Source Information Lifehack: