BLUFTransforming a business is difficult but may be necessary in a post-pandemic world—but there are strategies to make it easier.
There is a lot written about what makes a great leader, but qualities and ideals generally change over time. Of course, some things may never change; we will probably always need our leaders to lead, show courage and initiative, and also to be effective. David Lancefield and Christian Rangen, the authors of 4 Actions Transformational Leaders Take, claim that successful business transformations are difficult, but the COVID-19 pandemic has, for many businesses, made transformation necessary. Based on their own experience, the authors state that the following four strategies could help leaders increase their chances of success:
- Practice New Mental Models
- Work the Edges of the Organization
- Share Leadership More Systematically
- Make Empowerment Live Up to Its Promise.
The authors deal with these four strategies in this article. They conclude by saying that leaders who want their organizations to succeed in a post-pandemic world need to change their current approach.
- Sep 2020 BMC Blogs Transformational Leadership in the Enterprise
- Apr 2021 Michigan State University The 4 “I’s” of Transformational Leadership