BLUFAccessing Google is easy, but finding what you need can be difficult due to the sheer volume of information on the net; however, some simple ‘tricks’ can make it easier to find what you are looking for.
This article written by Doug Aamoth for Fast Company recommends these four less frequently used tricks to make your google searches more effective and efficient:
- Exclude specific topics from search results.
- Get search results from a particular site.
- Get results for a specific period.
- Combine multiple results with modifiers—capitalize the OR/AND.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
- 11 hidden Google Search features that will make your life easier – The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
- Speed Up Your Google Search With This New Keyboard Shortcut – The Runway (airforce.gov.au)
References from the Web :
- JAN 2022 21 Google Search Tips You'll Want to Learn – PC Mag
- MAY 2022 How to maximize your search results in library databases and Google! – Stevens Institute