500,000 Americans started new business’s since COVID19 began—based on personal experience, this article provides advice on how to run a successful business.
Running a new or established business is not easy regardless of experience. However, in this article, Ben Laker makes five suggestions for running a successful business:
- Running a business is a marathon, not a sprint; don't make hasty decisions. Take time to consider what is best for your company in the long term. Highs and lows are normal, but it is crucial to find a middle ground that you can sustain.
- Provide customers with value in everything you do. Your business needs to model itself around the concept that 'the customer is always right'.
- Don't sweat the small stuff and use software and apps to keep abreast of the small stuff.
- Hire good people with diverse skill-sets, particularly people with skills and experiences that you don't possess.
- Question everything you do and ask yourself tough questions and take the time to stop what you are doing and think about things.