BLUFMajor American aircraft and jet engine manufacturers, General Electric Aviation, Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and Northrop Grumman, have been awarded up to $975 million each to build an adaptive engine prototype to increase Air Force capability.
Kimberly Johnson writing in 'Flying' makes the following points:
- The Next Generation Adaptive Propulsion program is for future air dominance platforms.
- Weapon system integration—completed by July 2032.
- To increase the range, thrust for combat missions, and power management of the F-35.
Recent Runway Posts related to this topic:
References from the Web:
- AUG 2022 Airplane-Makers Win Contracts as Part of Next-Gen Engine Prototyping Phase- Air Force magazine.
- AUG 2022 US Air Force picks five companies to prototype next-gen engines-Defense News.
- AUG 2022 Air Force’s Next Gen ‘Fighter’ Engine Competition Shakes Up Status Quo-the Drive War Zone.